Sustainable Cities and Society1
Write On : 2017-01-05 04:53:36
Number of views: 15
Sustainable Cities and Society (SCS) is an international journal focusing on fundamental and applied research aimed at reducing the environmental and societal impact of cities. We encourage submission of cross-cutting, multi-disciplinary research in the areas of,
- Monitoring and improving air quality in built environment and cities (e.g., healthy built environment and air quality management).
- Clean energy sources (e.g., solar energy, wind, bio mass/ bio-gas, geothermal energy and hybrid sources), waste recycling in cities (reduce waste and recycle materials).
- Energy efficiency, low/ zero carbon buildings/ communities such holistic approaches to design and control; design, optimization and decision tools for low impact communities; modelling/ optimization of the energy performance of new and existing communities; development of new materials (e.g., high performance construction materials); and adaptation and resilience of buildings and cities to climate change (heat island, heat wave, water supply, and post occupancy evaluation).
- Distributed energy generation such as integration of micro-generation/ energy storage systems with building and community services and control of renewable energy devices, dynamic demand management: matching demands and supply.
- Urban design/ planning, regulations, legislation, certification, economics, policy, social, health and environmental impact related to sustainable and future cities.
- City transport (e.g., innovative and smart transport methods; health and societal impacts of future transportation).
- Water harvesting and management (development of appliances designed to minimize water use, water recycling and solar-powered systems), water treatment (emerging pollutants).
- Robust engineering for sustainable cities in developing countries that cuts across environmental, social, and behavioral topics.
We support a wide range of methodological and technical approaches including experimental, observational, monitoring and management studies and policy analysis. In addition to fundamental and applied papers, review articles on important developments will be considered. Special issues devoted to international conferences and major reports will be considered for publication as well.
[ Edit ]
Sustainable Development Meaning Differs with Context The emphasis of sustainable development differs, depending on whether we're considering a remote village in Africa or Copenhagen or a suburb in the U.S. or the reported 5 million people living in a large cemetery in Cairo. This page lays.........
[ Edit ]
The Four System Conditions of Sustainable Society
The Four System Conditions of a Sustainable Society Left to its own devices, the earth is a sustainable system. As we continue to learn, however, the accumulated impacts of human activity over the past two centuries are now threatening our continued well-being. An international network of.........